Founder & CEO, Operation ASHA
As CEO, Sandeep has led the organization since 2006. His sharp business acumen has earned praise and created a cost-effective method of treating tuberculosis. He was member of the Board of the Stop TB Partnership from 2009-12 where he represented NGOs of developing countries.
Before founding Operation ASHA, Sandeep served for many years as additional commissioner for the Government of India. He then travelled to the U.S., where he earned a masters degree in public policy at the University of Chicago and a certificate in health policy & administration.
During his tenure at the University of Chicago, he was awarded the Harris Fellowship. He was also selected as a McCormick Tribune Community Leadership Fellow in Chicago. Sandeep has also taught a short course titled “Global Health Problems” at the University of Chicago in February 2008. He is a Member of Advisory Board at GlobeMed, University of Chicago and an External Student Advisor for Dartmouth College, US.
Sandeep has delivered lectures or been a panelist at the following organizations and conferences.
- Banaras Hindu University, Faculty of Management Studies: January 2012
- Lal Bahadur Shashtri Institute of Management, New Delhi : March 2010
- University of Chicago: May 14, 2011
- Harvard School of Public Health: 2009
- Wharton Business School: 2012
- Carnegie Mellon University: November 2012
- Duke University: 2012
- MIT, Sloan School of Business, 2010
- Dartmouth college: 2008
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbour, Asia Law Society, 2012
- University of Colorado, Denver, 2009
- University of Illinois at Chicago: April 22, 2009
- Wellesley College: 2011
- International Finance Corporation’s conference on “Strengthening the Private Sector’s Development Impact: Measuring Results”, New Delhi: August 2012
- WHO’s South East Asia Regional Office, New Delhi: May 2008
- SOCAP Europe: 2011
- TiEcon, New Delhi: 2012
- Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, Annual Retreat, Mumbai: 2012
- USAID, MBPH Health Confluence organised, New Delhi: 2012
- India Development Marketplace workshop, Gurgaon: 2011
- India Development Marketplace, Bhopal: 2013
- Stop TB partnership forum, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Jan 30 – Feb 1, 2008
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs: 2012
- Unconvention, Chennai: December 2011
- Better Healthcare through CSR, New Delhi, September 24, 2013
- Rotary clubs and many other social clubs in India and US